Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Flipbook!






Here are some pictures of my flip-book. After several days, many hours and 4 sharpies, my project is complete. I was surprised at the various ideas and themes of my classmates. Some were very creative and I would have never thought of such ideas. I thought that this project was a little overwhelming at first, but I found it to be a lot of fun and enjoyed it. My finished project pleases me and I think that hard-work pays off in the end. This experience really demonstrated to me what it takes to make a flip-book and also opens my mind to how cartoons, and movies were first made from photos.
My idea of the mad scientist came from wanting to create a funny/ fun character to draw throughout the book. Being a chemistry major, it also allowed me to draw familiar objects and things that are easily for me to draw. Basing the project off something familiar also allowed me to make better and smoother transitions throughout the flip-book. I also found it easier to have a storyline instead of just drawing random things that hopefully would come together in the end. Overall I enjoyed this flipbook project even though it was quite intimidating in the beginning.

13 comments:

  1. I really love the simplicity of the idea that was then executed with such detail. I also like the use of color. The majority of the scene is black and white, but the color details really added to the appeal and illustrate the points of interest. I also enjoy the fact that when you flip through a couple times you begin to notice details overlooked the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one really caught my attention because of the cover, which I took some time looking at. I really liked your use of color and the transition from when the concoction blew up and afterwards the scientist was covered in soot. Also, as a side note, I thought it was unintentionally funny that the story started on the page that said "How to use this book"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Drawing that picture over 200 times must have took some time! The main picture remained stationary but it showed quite an interesting animation. Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I liked all of your detail while you also kept the theme simple. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so cool that you made your own cover! The use of color really worked in here to make the science experiments look more realistic and interesting. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors made this great. This must have taken a long time and I know you put a lot of effort into making this. This is detailed yet simple at the same time. It was really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mad scientist creating a disastrous concoction lent itself to a clever animation. The consistency of the animation was really great and the all the colors working together (as in the mixing of the liquids) made for a very entertaining flipbook.

    ReplyDelete
  8. my favorite was how the chemicals exploded in the scientists face and he had dust all over him!!! the "light bulb" idea was really clever and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was such a cute story! I liked how after it exploded he was burnt. The colors were really great and definitely added to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one was cool I liked how you titled it and kept the same story the whole time. The use of color was well done because when the liquid changed color we could expect something to go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job. I liked your use of color, and I liked how the chemicals exploded at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your drawings were so detailed! It must have taken you forever! Kudos for the hard work you put in cause it turned out great. And I loved your use of color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yours was simply AMAZING!! It shows you put a lot of effort into it! I especially liked how this related with your major! I loved the drawings and the motion it had....very good job!

    ReplyDelete