Monday, February 15, 2010

Blondie and Singing in the Rain

Blondie's music video Rapture featured a scene that was based off Singing in the Rain.  Her version of a black man dressed in all white instead of the white man in a black suit allowed Blondie to become influencial during the 70s and 80s.  Before this class, I had never seen Singing in the Rain nor had I even realized that Blondie was influenced and influencial in that manner.  I had just looked at her as another artist of that period and nothing more.  Now after learning about Singing in the Rain, I immediately picked up on the character and the lyrics in the music video.  Now I'm starting to realize that new things aren't created, there are just variations on how others see it.  And the fact that everyone has a different view and opinion, allows the story to take on a completely different sense and therefore creates the illusion that it is a new story.

No comments:

Post a Comment