Monday, April 19, 2010

Performance Art

So the performance art was a new art piece for me that I've never done. In the beginning I have no idea what to do, nor how to even make a video. However I figured it out using my digital camera and a friend's mac that made life so much easier. The theme for my performance art was to combine my love of chemistry and art. Creating slime was a fun way to make something easy to fit in the time constraint but also to show a great basic chemistry experiment. I filmed in rescom courtyard, and since there are two pathways, everyone avoided me. They all seemed to go the long way around and stare to try and figure out what was going on. I guess it is odd to see someone performing a science experiment in the middle of an apartment complex. Although it was intimidating at first, it was a great new experience and definitely made me think outside the box in order to complete.

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to incorporate two things you love. This was a very unique idea, and I like that you were able to bring the finished product (slime!) into class for us to play with. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job! I think you could easily turn that into a learning show on T.V:) So much fun to see someone combine their two interests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is very cool how you actually produced something out of this. It was so cool to see you dressed like a scientist. Your setup was great, I only wish you did it in a more populated place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is so funny how you set it up like a Rachel Ray show. I also love the lab coat. So legit! This was so funny, and it's cool you brought in the final outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like you had fun doing this, and it showed in your project. I love the quirky/funny cooking show nature of it and I had fun playing with the slime in class :) I think you did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i liked it how you incorporated your two passions of art and science in your video. haha i couldnt stop laughing about the girl asking to not be locked out! you reminded me of a smart version of Martha Stewart! i think its funny how you mimicked infommericals that sell cheap crap and can convince the audience they really SLIME! ahah great job

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you brought the slime into class, I honestly think that it really added to your performance. And that fact that you did your performance in the middle of rescom was great, because as your standing there talking about making slime, the rest of the people around you are just going about doing their daily business. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lab coat was definitely a nice touch. Watching you making slime reminded me a lot of the cooking shows on Food Network. It also brought me back to elementary school when we made cool science projects. Very creative and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked your performance and how you looked like a Martha Stewart show! I wish that you had gone somewhere with more people, because you would have gotten some good looks haha. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The thing that makes this video absurd is that you are addressing an audience that isn't there (the video camera) while confused people are walking around you. It's like an infomercial without the studio audience. Bringing the slime to class was a nice touch as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The whole infomercial thing aside, I think this is a great idea to all of a sudden start throwing slime to people who ignore you haha, not hitting them of course but to see their reaction O_O

    ReplyDelete