Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Final Class

The final class of art and technology was filled with a variety of creation and ideas that were demonstrated through the final project, the video art. I found that at the end of the class I was inspired by my fellow students and what they had created. There were no similar videos and all were completely different in the way they were created. I think that for this last project, there was definitely a step up in the finished product. There were other projects before that you could tell who worked harder and who did their project last minute, however I really believe that everyone put a great deal of effort into the final. I don't think I can even pick a favorite (besides mine of course) because there was such a range of ideas. From passion, to political message to personal stories, everyone was different. Taking this class, I have definitely discovered that art can be anything. Its all about decontextualization and how you can recreate something that has already been done. Some of the ideas that my classmates have come up with have inspired me to think outside the box even more and create more. Before taking this class, I had no idea how to make a video, how to make music or even where or how half the technology that I own was created. I found a greater appreciation in technology by watching the documentaries and videos in class. It opened my eyes to what is out there and the possibilities of technology. There isn't anything that I didn't like about the class. It was a great opportunity to learn new things and open my eyes even more. The challenge to push myself beyond my expectations and own limits is what inspired me the most, especially with the projects. Thanks to Santiago and his art and technology class, I feel that I can take any project that is thrown at me and make something amazing. Its not a matter of it you know how to create something, but the resources and determination to figure it out. As a student, I would recommend this class to anyone, where they like art or not. I feel that this is unlike any class that I've ever taken and would take the class again if I had the chance. You really learn your capabilities and more about yourself through this course. Overall I feel that nothing is impossible and art only makes it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment